The Central Connecticut women’s swimming and diving team earned a 186-113 win over Sacred Heart on Saturday at the McCann Natatorium. CCSU had junior Katie Czulewicz and freshman Cassidy Stotler each win two events.
Location: McCann Natatorium | Milford, CT
- 200 Medley Relay – The Blue Devils won the opening event of the day with a time of 1:50.43, while they also placed third in 1:55.77. The relay of junior Hallie Perrin, freshmen Cassidy Stotler and Ashley Calderon and junior Jeannette King won the event. The relay of freshman Nathalie Pena and juniors Alex Lindgren, Simona Visinski and Destiny Johnson took third.
- 1000 Free – CCSU swept the top three spots led by freshman Abbey Keane posting a season-best time (10:40.67). Junior Simona Visinski (11:20.89) and freshman Wynter Berube (11:27.19) were just behind.
- 200 Free – Junior Katie Czulewicz won the event in 1:56.72, edging classmate Kaylin McMahon (2:02.31).
- 100 Back – Central swimmers placed 2-3-4 in the day’s fourth event. Junior Hallie Perrin (1:02.35) narrowly beat freshman Morgan O’Hara (1:02.71), while freshman Nathalie Pena (1:03.42) was just behind.
- 100 Breast – Freshman Cassidy Stotler (1:05.76) won with a personal-best time, while sophomore Abby Bacon placed third (1:11.48) with a season-best.
- 200 Fly – Sophomore Shannon Welcome (2:14.23) and freshman Marley Milne (2:20.31) placed second and third.
- 50 Free – Freshman Kelly Stotler (25.04) edged junior Jeannette King (25.32), while junior Destiny Johnson (26.48) placed fourth.
- 1-meter diving (5 dives)– Senior Rachel Pinsky scored 139.65 to earn 3.0 points, while freshman Elyse Boothroyd scored 136.20 and earned 2.0 points.
- 100 Free – King (54.52) edged Kelly Stotler (55.06) as the pair claimed the top two spots. Perrin (56.79) placed fourth.
- 200 Back – Pena (2:12.36) claimed a narrow victory, while O’Hara placed third in 2:12.98 as the top three swimmers were separated by just .62 seconds.
- 200 Breast – CCSU finished 1-2 with junior Alex Lindgren (2:26.59) outswimming Bacon (2:31.93).
- 500 Free – Czulewicz won her second event of the day with a time of 5:08.61. Keane (5:18.33) placed second and Milne (5:39.95) was fourth.
- 100 Fly – Welcome (59.99) broke 1:00.00 to win her second event of the day.
- 1-meter diving (6 dives) – Freshman Zoe Baker scored 199.80 to earn 2.0 points, while Pinsky scored 175.28 for a point.
- 200 IM – Cassidy Stotler claimed another win, clocking in at 2:11.53. O’Hara (2:14.37) and Lindgren (2:17.25) placed third and fourth, respectively.
- 400 Free Relay – The Blue Devils won the final event of the day by over 7 seconds, turning in a time of 3:41.23. The relay was made up of Welcome, Czulewicz, Visinski and King.
The Blue Devils swim at Southern Connecticut on Friday, before hosting Rhode Island on Saturday.