Junior Alex Lindgren won the 200 yard breaststroke and the Central Connecticut women’s swimming and diving team finished third at the Blue Devil Invite at the Jack Suydam Natatorium that concluded Sunday. The Blue Devils finished with 546 points as a team, while Stony Brook won the meet with 626 points.
Blue Devil Invite
Location: Jack Suydam Natatorium | New Britain, CT
DAY 1 RESULTS | TEAM SCORES
DAY 2 RESULTS | TEAM SCORES
DAY 3 RESULTS | TEAM SCORES
- 1-Meter Diving – Freshman Zoe Baker placed second, scoring 223.90, while freshman Elyse Boothroyd placed fourth with 201.20 points.
- 1650 Yard Free – Freshman Abbey Keane was CCSU’s top finisher in the night’s opening swimming event, placing eighth with a time of 18:37.28. Freshman Taylor DeMarest also scored, turning in a time of 18:53.36.
- 50 Breast – Junior Mariana Espino earned a fourth-place finish with a time of 31.35, while sophomore Abby Bacon clocked in at 33.63 to place in the top-10.
- 50 Fly – Freshman Ashley Calderon placed fourth in the ‘A’ Final, turning in a time of 26.60.
- 200 Yard Backstroke – Freshmen Morgan O’Hara (2:11.26), Nathalie Pena (2:12.55) and junior Kaylin McMahon (2:18.60) all scored points in the event for CCSU.
- 100 Yard Free – Junior Jeannette King claimed silver with a time of 52.62, narrowly edging teammates sophomore Shannon Welcome (53.79) and junior Katie Czulewicz (53.82) in the ‘A’ Final.
- 200 Yard Breast – Lindgren claimed the first Central win of the night, shaving nearly :02 off her prelim time (2:24.24) with a mark of 2:22.16 to earn 16 points for the Blue Devils.
- 200 Yard Fly – Calderon earned four points with a time of 2:12.00, while Welcome also scored and turned in a time of 2:14.69.
- 400 Yard Free Relay – The relay of Welcome, Czulewicz, King and freshman Kelly Stotler placed second with a time of 3:33.40. The ‘B’ relay of juniors Destiny Johnson, Hallie Perrin, Simona Visinski and freshman Cassidy Stotler also scored with a time of 3:39.72.
The Blue Devils are off until after the New Year when they travel to Southern Connecticut on Tuesday, Jan. 4.