William Regal is no stranger to the world of professional wrestling. The English man worked first as a wrestler and then as a talent scout and on-screen general manager in Triple H’s version of NXT.
Unfortunately, Regal was released from his contract last month. Vince McMahon saw no place for Regal in the new NXT 2.0. His services were no longer required as the company had nixed search for indie talent.
AEW star Brody King recently appeared on Talk Is Jericho to talk about various things including the time he met Regal during a PWG event in 2018. The newest member of the House of Black also revealed what Regal said to him at that time.
“I had some talks. I chatted with Regal a few times. He gave me a great piece of advice. I think I talked to him BOLA of 2018. He was in the crowd and I kind of pulled him aside after my match and I said, ‘Do you have any notes for me?’
We had met a couple of times before and he was always very nice to me, always very welcoming and gave me a lot of great advice and great critiques and stuff. He was like, ‘You know, you are a great wrestler and you’re obviously gonna do great stuff.
“‘Your style is obviously more fit for something like Ring of Honor or New Japan. Go to all of these things that you want and after you’re done with that, if you want to come to WWE, here’s my number.’ So I was like, ‘That’s pretty cool.’”
The advice has stuck with Brody to this day. The 34-year-old is currently working for Tony Khan’s All Elite Wrestling (AEW) in addition to making appearances for New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW).
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!
February 28, 2022 6:10 pm