The Central Connecticut women’s swimming and diving team leads the standings following day one at the Blue Devil Invite on Friday. The Blue Devils posted 198 points on the opening day, while junior Jeannette King claimed CCSU’s lone event win on the night.
Blue Devil Invite
Location: Jack Suydam Natatorium | New Britain, CT
DAY 1 RESULTS | TEAM SCORES
- 200 Yard Free Relay – The Blue Devils’ relay of King, juniors Katie Czulewicz and Simona Visinski and freshman Kelly Stotler placed second with a time of 1:38.43 to open the evening. The relay of juniors Destiny Johnson and Hallie Perrin and freshmen Ashley Calderon and Cassidy Stotler turned in a time of 1:40.30 to place sixth.
- 50 Yard Backstroke – King was CCSU’s top finisher, turning in a time of 26.87 to place third. Perrin also swam in the ‘A’ final and turned in a time of 27.75.
- 500 Yard Free – Czulewicz and sophomore Shannon Welcome swam in the ‘A’ final for CCSU. Czulewicz placed third with a time of 5:05.72, while Welcome placed sixth with a time of 5:17.32.
- 200 Yard IM – Cassidy Stotler placced fourth (2:11.66), just ahead of junior Alex Lindgren (2:13.36).
- 50 Yard Fee – King won with a time of 24.19 to lead a quartet of CCSU swimmers. Kelly Stotler (24.94), Culewicz (25.08) and Johnson (25.21) finished 3-4-5.
- 400 Yard IM Relay – The Blue Devils’ ‘A’ relay placed third in the final event of the night. King, Lindgren, Calderon and Welcome turned in a time of 3:57.50. The team of Visinski, Kelly Stotler, Cassidy Stotler and junior Mariana Espino turned in a time of 4:03.89 to score for Central.
The Blue Devil Invite will begin with prelims on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. and the finals at 5:00 p.m. Video will be available at NECFrontRow.com.