The Central Connecticut women’s swimming and diving team won three events on the opening day at New Hampshire in Swasey Pool in Durham, NH. The Blue Devils trail the Wildcats, 116-70, following the first 10 events.
CCSU at New Hampshire
Location: Swasey Pool | Durham, NH
DAY 1 RESULTS
- 200 Yard Free Relay – The Blue Devils finished 2-3 in the race with the ‘A’ team of juniors Katie Czulewicz, Hallie Perrin and Jeannette King and freshman Cassidy Stotler clocking a time of 1:40.90. Juniors Destiny Johnson, Simona Visinski and freshmen Ashley Calderon and Kelly Stotler wer just behind at 1:43.61.
- 200 Yard Free – Czulewicz would come back with a win in a time of 1:55.55. Sophomore Shannon Welcome also scored points with a time of 1:58.51.
- 100 Yard Free – Central had three swimmers score in the 100 free. Perrin (1:00.66) placed second, while freshmen Morgan O’Hara (1:01.62) and Nathalie Pena (1:01.69) placed third and fourth, respectively.
- 100 Yard Breast – Junior Alex Lindgren placed third with a time of 1:07.18, while Cassidy Stotler clocked a time of 1:08.84 to place fifth.
- 200 Yard Fly – Welcome and freshman Julia Pitchell both scored in the event with times of 2:13.59 and 2:21.91, respectively.
- 3-Meter Diving – Freshman Elyse Boothroyd narrowly outscored teammate senior Rachel Pinsky, 188.60-188.55. Freshman Zoe Baker was just behind with 186.97 points.
- 50 Yard Free – King won the event with a time of 24.35, while Kelly Stotler placed fourth with a time of 25.27.
- 200 Yard IM – Cassidy Stotler won with a time of 2:10.20, while O’Hara was third in 2:12.58 and Lindgren was fifth in 2:15.29.
- 1000 Yard Free – Freshman Abbey Keane led a trio of CCSU swimmers, placing second in 10:46.37. Czulewicz was just behind in 10:54.88, while freshman Taylor DeMarest was fifth at 11:16.48.
- 400 Yard Medley Relay – In the final event of the opening day, the ‘A’ relay of King, Lindgren, Calderon and Visinski placed second at 4:01.52.
The Blue Devils and Wildcats compete in day two, with the opening event beginning at 10:00 a.m.