GAME 1 INFORMATION
FINAL SCORE CCSU 3 Bryant 4
RECORDS CCSU (6-27, 2-17 NEC) Bryant (12-25, 10-9 NEC)
LOCATION Smithfield, RI
- Molly Bruyns started off the game with a leadoff walk that Kim Howard turned into a score for the Blue Devils. The outfielder hit a double on a rope out to right center, leaving the speedy Bruyns with enough time to cross the plate from first.
- A leadoff double in the bottom of the second inning that quickly evened the game at one a piece thanks to a sacrifice fly from the Bulldogs.
- Bruyns was again the catalyst in the Blue Devil’s run scoring, leading off the third inning with a hard hit triple. Brooke Fedison hit a sacrifice fly in the next at bat to give the Blue Devils back the lead.
- The Bulldogs put runners on second and third with only an out down in the bottom of the fourth. A single hit to second base was all it took to clear the base path, swinging the lead back in Bryant’s way.
- Bryant loaded up the bases in the next inning, but CCSU was able to escape with only an extra score added out of the jam.
- Howard hit a single in the top of the fifth to get on board. Her teammate Meg Dugas scored her with a single up the middle.
- Matison Piripavel got a hit in the bottom of the seventh, but the Blue Devils were unable to come back to overcome the Bulldogs.
GAME 2 INFORMATION
FINAL SCORE CCSU 2 Bryant 1
RECORDS CCSU (7-38, 3-17 NEC) Bryant (12-26, 10-10 NEC)
LOCATION Smithfield, RI
- Fedison drew an early walk in the top of the first inning and made it all the way to third after a wild pitch and ground out. With Fedison just a few feet from scoring, Howard drilled a double into right field, easily scoring a run for CCSU. Bri Walker followed that up with a single that pushed Howard to third, but the Blue Devils were unable to make any more damage in the first.
- Kaylee Whittaker pitched three straight gems of innings to start the game off. The Bulldogs were able to generate some offense in the bottom of the fourth inning and tied the game up with a single.
- It was a pitcher’s duel the rest of the way, as each team only mustered one hit each until the tenth inning.
- Bruyns hit an RBI single in the top of the tenth that proved to be the game winning run for the Blue Devils. CCSU loaded up the bases after this, but regardless took the victory home on a punchout.
The Blue Devils finish up the series with Bryant tomorrow before wrapping up the regular season against Merrimack next weekend.