Central Connecticut State University softball dropped its final game of the weekend to Saint Francis U, falling to the Red Flash 8-1.
FINAL SCORE CCSU 1 SFU 8
RECORDS CCSU (3-23, 1-5 NEC) SFU (18-11, 6-0 NEC)
LOCATION CCSU Softball Field | New Britain, CT
- The Blue Devils got two quick outs to start the game, but a solo home run from the Red Flash quickly put them in a 1-0 hole heading into the bottom of the first inning.
- The Red Flash drew three walks to load the bases in the top of the second, and a single scored two more runs for SFU.
- A home run in the top of the third made it a 5-0 lead for SFU.
- SFU took advantage of two walks that turned into a run after a wild pitch.
- The Blue Devil offense was able to get things going in the bottom of the fourth inning. Katie Master led things off with a hard hit double down the left field line. After Brooke Fedison was hit by a pitch, a single from Meg Gorman loaded up the bases for CCSU.Matison Piripavel grounded out third to get one run on the board for the Blue Devils.
- A Meg Dugas single and a pair of walks made for another bases loaded situation for CCSU, but the Blue Devils were not able to get a score across in the bottom of the sixth inning.
- SFU scored on two wild pitches in the top of the seventh to score two final runs, putting them ahead 8-1.
The Blue Devils face off against in-state Quinnipiac on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.