July 15th, 2022
Welcome to our live coverage of AEW Rampage, which is emanating from The Enmarket Arena in Savannah, Georgia. Announced for tonight’s show, Jonathan Gresham will defend his ROH world championship against Lee Moriarty, Dark Order will take on The House Of Black, Private Party will take on The Lucha Brothers, and Kris Statlander will team up with Athena to take on The Renegade Twins.
Match 1: Malakai Black and Brody King vs Alex Reynolds and John Silver
– The match starts off with Malakai and Reynolds, Malakai then takes Reynolds over with an armdrag takeover, Malakai then lands a kick to the stomach of Reynolds to secure a one count, Brody then hits a shoulder tackle on Reynolds, Silver then tries to lock up with Brody but Brody pushes him down, Silver then hits a shoulder tackle on Brody, Brody then hits a shoulder tackle on Silver, Reynolds and Silver then lands a doubleteam kick on Brody, Reynolds then attempts a tope suicida on Brody but Brody catches him in mid-air, Brody hits a slam on Reynolds onto the apron as we go to commercial.
– We are back from commercial as we see Malakai land a front sweep on Reynolds, Silver then moves out of the way, causing Malakai to hit a big boot on Brody, knocking him off the apron, Silver then lands a running uppercut on Malakai, Malakai then hits a big boot on Reynolds, Brody then hits a lariat on Reynolds to secure a nearfall, Silver then hits an enzuigiri on Brody, followed by a thrust kick from Reynolds and a german suplex from Silver, Reynolds then goes for the pinfall but Malakai then hits a basement dropkick to break up the pin, Brody then hits the Dantes inferno on Reynolds to secure the pinfall victory.
Winners via pinfall: Brody King and Malakai Black at 8:18.
– After the match, Darby Allin jumps off of the tunnel onto Brody, Sting then appears as Darby lands a chopblock to the back of Brody’s leg, Darby then punches away at Brody as Sting and Malakai Black stare each other down.
– Miro asks The House Of Black if they really sent someone after him, or to recruit him.
Match 2: ROH championship: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs Lee Moriarty
– The match starts off with Lee taking Gresham down before landing a series of punches, Lee then hits a knee to the face of Gresham, Lee then Irishwhips Gresham into the barricade, Gresham then hits a nutshot on Lee behind the referee’s back, Gresham then takes Lee over with a headlock takeover as we go to commercial.
Scroll to Continue
– We are back from commercial as we see Lee land a big boot to the face of Gresham, Lee then hits a back suplex on Gresham, Lee then hits dropkick on Gresham, followed by a northern lights suplex to secure a pinfall, Gresham then jumps on the arm of Lee, Gresham then locks in an octopus stretch on Lee to secure the submission victory.
Winner via submission and STILL ROH world champion: Jonathan Gresham at 10:07.
– Tony Schiavone then interviews Jonathan Gresham, Gresham says that you’re going to see his face on AEW every week from now on, Gresham says that he’s going to outclass every wrestler in AEW, Claudio Castagnoli then comes out, Claudio then stares down Gresham.
Match 3: Athena and Kris Statlander vs The Renegade Twins
– The match starts off with Kris and Athena hitting dropkicks on both the Renegade Twins, Ember then hits a codebreaker off the second rope from the shoulders of Kris to secure the pinfall victory.
Winners via pinfall: Athena and Kris Statlander at 0:26.
– After the match, Athena and Kris Statlander attack Leila Grey, Athena goes to the top rope but Jade Cargill and The Baddies make the save and lay waste to Kris and Athena.
– Billy, Austin, and Colten Gunn are in the ring, Billy says that everyone is upset and everyone loves The Acclaimed, Billy says that he treated The Acclaimed better than he did his own sons, The Acclaimed then interrupt and enter the ring, Billy then asks the Acclaimed to scissor him one last time, Bowens then superkicks Billy, The Acclaimed then closeline The Gunn Brothers over the ropes, Caster then raps on The Gunn Club. The Acclaimed then challenge The Gunn Club to a match but Austin Gunn declines.
Match 4: The Lucha Brothers vs Private Party
– The match starts off with Penta and Isiah Kassidy, The Lucha Brothers then land a series of superkicks on Private Party, The Lucha Brothers then accidentally superkick each other, Party Party then hit double dropkicks on the Lucha Brothers, Private Party then hit a tope suicida/cannonball over the top rope, taking out The Brothers, Private Party then hit the silly string on Penta as we go to commercial break.
– We are back from commercial as we Quen shoving his boot into Penta’s throat, Penta then hits a slingblade and a backbreaker before tagging in Fenix, Fenix then hits a gory special on Kassidy, Fenix then lands two stiff chops to the chest of Kassidy, Kassidy then hits a crossbody from the top rope off the shoulders of Quen to secure a nearfall, Kassidy then lands a series of kicks onto Fenix in the corner, Penta then hits a death valley driver on Kassidy into Quen in the corner, Penta then hits the made in Japan on Kassidy to secure a nearfall, Penta then superkicks Andrade off the apron, Rush then hits a forearm to the back of Penta’s head behind the referee’s back, Penta then hits a Canadian destroyer on Kassidy, Fenix then hits a double footstomp from the top rope onto Kassidy to secure the pinfall victory.