The WNBA revealed the schedule for the end-of-season awards Friday and a new selection process for the All-WNBA First and Second Teams. Previously, voters had to select players based on position giving teams two guards, one center, and two forwards. This season the voters can choose players regardless of position. A national panel of writers and broadcasters selects the teams and winners for most of the awards.
The league’s executives select the Basketball Executive of the Year. Peak Performer awards are based on regular-season statistical leaders in points per game, rebounds per game, and assists per game. Voting for the WNBA All-Defensive First and Second Teams will continue to be based on position.
2022 WNBA Awards Schedule
- Mon. Aug. 15 Peak Performers
- Fri. Aug. 19 Kim Perrot Sportsmanship Award
- Mon. Aug. 22 Basketball Executive of the Year
- Thur. Aug. 25 Rookie of the Year and All-Rookie Team
- Fri. Aug. 26 Coach of the Year
- Mon. Aug. 29 Most Improved Player
- Thur. Sep. 1 Sixth Player of the Year
- Fri. Sep. 2 Defensive Player of the Year and All-Defensive First Team and Second Team
- Wed. Sep. 7 Most Valuable Player
- Thur. Sep. 15 All-WNBA First Team and Second Team
- Aug. 14 Regular Season Ends
- Aug. 17 Playoffs Begin
- Sept. 20 Last Possible Finals Date