2022 Commissioner’s Cup Championship
July 26, 8:30 pm ET
Las Vegas Aces at Chicago Sky
Stream: Amazon Prime Video
This season includes the second annual Commissioner’s Cup. It is an in-season competition that consists of 61 games during the regular season with a prize pool of $500,000 plus $165,000 for charitable and civic organizations. The home team has the highest winning percentage in Commissioner’s Cup play.
Per the league, “members of the winning team will be able to earn in excess of $30,000 per player. Competitors on the runner-up team will have the opportunity to earn $10,000 per player. An additional $5,000 will be awarded to the MVP of the Championship Game.”
Coinbase, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, is the sponsor of this season’s Commissioner’s Cup. The Seattle Storm defeated the Connecticut Sun, 79-57, in the 2021 Commissioner’s Cup championship game.
Complete list of charities selected by teams to receive a portion of the $165,000 pool:
- Atlanta Dream: The King Center
- Chicago Sky: My Block. My Hood. My City.
- Connecticut Sun: League of Women Voters of Connecticut
- Dallas Wings: This Is Project Texas
- Indiana Fever: Indiana Black Expo
- Las Vegas Aces: ACLU of Nevada
- Los Angeles Sparks: Human Rights Campaign
- Minnesota Lynx: ACLU of Minnesota
- New York Liberty: A Little Piece of Light
- Phoenix Mercury: Black Mothers Forum
- Seattle Storm: ACLU of Washington
- Washington Mystics: Alliance for Youth Action
The WNBA will donate $2,000 to the chosen organization of each cup game’s winning team and an additional $500 to the losing team’s organization. For the Championship Game, the league will donate $10,000 to the winning team’s chosen organization and $5,000 to the organization of the runner-up.