The Central Connecticut women’s swimming and diving team earned a 193-50 win at Southern Connecticut at the Hutchinson Natatorium. The Blue Devils won each event and both relays.
Location: Hutchinson Natatorium | New Haven, CT
- 400 Medley Relay – The Blue Devils had the top two finishers in the opening event of the afternoon. The relay of junior Jeannette King, freshmen Cassidy Stotler and Ashley Calderon and junior Katie Czulewicz won the event in 3:57.46. The relay of freshman Morgan O’Hara and juniors Alex Lindgren, Kaylin McMahon and Destiny Johnson finished in 4:07.67.
- 1650 Free – Freshman Abbey Keane finished in 17:49.19 to win, while classmate Taylor Demarest finished in 18:13.78 to take second.
- 200 Free – Junior Katie Czulewicz won the event in 1:55.94, edging sophomore Shannon Welcome (1:59.38) and junior Simona Visinski (2:00.44).
- 50 Free – Freshman Kelly Stotler (25.22) edged Johnson (26.05) and junior Hallie Perrin (26.06).
- 100 Fly – Calderon won in 58.21, just ahead of Cassidy Stotler (59.31).
- 1-meter diving – Freshman Zoe Baker scored 214.43 to win the event, while Elyse Boothroyd (205.5) and senior Rachel Pinsky (177.68) placed third and fourth, respectively.
- 100 Free – Visinski won the event in 55.0 flat, while freshman Kelly Stotler (55.77) took second.
- 100 Back – The Blue Devils swept the top four spots. Calderon (1:00.12) won, followed by King (1:01.42), junior Kaylin McMahon (1:02.64) and freshman Nathalie Pena (1:02.76).
- 500 Free – Sophomore Shannon Welcome paced the field in a time of 5:23.10.
- 100 Breast – Cassidy Stotler won in 1:06.57 and was followed by Lindgren (1:08.45) and sophomore Abby Bacon (1:10.85).
- 3-meter diving – Baker (224.30) led a trio of Blue Devils. Pinsky (213.6) and Boothroyd (208.58) were just behind.
- 400 IM – O’Hara won in 4:44.56, while McMahon placed third in 4:48.22. Bacon (4:53.33 and freshman Marley Milne (4:59.53) rounded out the top five.
- 200 Free Relay – The Blue Devils had the top two relays in the day’s final event. The relay of Czulewicz, Visinski, King and Kelly Stotler won, turning in a time of 1:40.25. The squad of Perrin, Welcome, Johnson and Pena finished in 1:43.57.
The Blue Devils next scheduled meet is the Northeast Conference Championships on February 22-26.