Burnley welcome Arsenal to Turf Moor as both teams look to push forward in their bids to move higher up the table.
Victory could lift Burnley out of the relegation zone potentially at Arsenal’s expense, whereas Mikel Arteta’s Gunners can go as high as tenth with a win depending on results elsewhere.
Embed from Getty Images
Nathan Collins could return for Burnley if he passes a late fitness test after an unspecified injury kept him out of Monday’s 3-1 defeat at Everton.
Connor Roberts (groin) could also be in contention but Dale Stephens (ankle) and Kevin Long (calf) are unlikely to feature until deemed fully match fit.
Arsenal will again be without Rob Holding after a knee injury kept him out of their home win over Norwich last weekend.
Mohamed Elneny (hamstring) could also feature but Granit Xhaka is serving the second of a three match ban.
- Burnley are unbeaten in three of their last five meetings against Arsenal (W1, D2, L2).
- Arsenal are unbeaten in seven Premier League visits to Turf Moor (W4, D3), with three of their four wins coming by 1-0 results.
- Both teams have scored two penalties apiece in 14 previous Premier League meetings.
- 18 of Burnley’s 35 headed clearances have been made by James Tarkowski (10) and Ben Mee (8).
- Cedric Soares is the only Arsenal player to have made an error which has led to a conceded league goal so far this season.
Although Burnley will be buoyed by this week’s announcement of a new contract for manager – Sean Dyche, there is still work to do because their intensity just dropped after taking the lead at Everton on Monday with the defence ripped apart without much effort in their defending.
Arsenal meanwhile found themselves in a tussle against Norwich last weekend as they initially looked excellent on the counter-attack, before their quality shone through on the front foot with disciplined organised attacks and calm control on the front foot.
Now if Arsenal turn up with a repeat performance then I fancy them to get the win here but Burnley have recently found form in this fixture, so I am expecting them to cause some issues but their defence will be crucial to the result.
Prediction: Burnley 1-2 Arsenal