Hero Rally Kit will consist of suspension, ergonomics & tyre components… offered both for new buyers and existing customers…
So, for the past few weeks have been reporting various developments on the new ‘Rally Kit’ which has been under development for a while by Hero for their highly capable Xpulse 200 4V off-roader.
A Type-approval document leaked earlier spilt a lot of details regarding the new Rally Kit and all the dimensional changes it will bring. Recently, Hero unveiled the new Rally Edition of the Xpulse 200 4V during the announcement of their ‘Dirt Biking Challenge talent hunt, in presence of Indian Rally Champion and sole Indian Dakar participant, C.S. Santosh.
New ‘Rally Kit’ For Hero Xpulse 200 4V Launched At Rs. 46,000/-
Now, Hero have officially launched the long-awaited ‘Rally Kit’ for their top-spec Xpulse 200 4V off-roader, and have priced it at Rs. 46,000/- for the complete kit.
- Just like the Rally Kit for the Xpulse 200 2V version, this kit also offers the equipment in Suspension, Ergonomics & Tyres categories.
- At the front, Hero is offering Preload-adjustable, Cartridge-style forks with a massive 250 mm of suspension-travel.
- At the rear, Hero is offering a massive 220 mm suspension-travel Preload-adjustable Monoshock.
- This new suspension setup increases the ground clearance to a whopping 275 mm.
- Also offered is a longer side-stand to compensate for the increased ground clearance resulting from the use of the new longer suspension.
- Handlebar risers are also being offered in order to improve ergonomics during the standing and sitting part of off-road riding.
- A new flatter seat and extended foot controls are being offered to facilitate better maneuverability & control while tackling the challenges of the terrain.
- Finally, new Maxxis tyres are on offer with aggressive off-road-centric block-pattern rubber to provide a better grip & tractability in the off-road environment.
Also read: Launch Ready RE Hunter 350 & Super Meteor/Thunderbird 650 Exhaust Notes Captured, Accessories Sighted
The new Rally Kit introduced by the company has been designed for the Xpulse 200 4V model and can be optioned during the purchase of the new bike or by existing customers who already own the model.
Since it is an optional kit, the rest of the bike remains untouched in its standard form.
It will still be sporting the 4-valve, air & oil-cooled, 199.6 cc, single-cylinder engine which produces 19.1 HP at 8,500 RPM and 17.35 Nm of torque at 6,500 RPM. It transfers its power through a 5-speed transmission.
The frame and the braking system also remain the same – consisting of a 276 mm front disc combined with a 220 mm rear disc system aided by a single-channel ABS system. The tyre profile remains 21” front and 18” rear and the fuel capacity stays at 13 litres.
Finally, as mentioned earlier, the new Rally Kit will cost Rs. 46,000/- over the Rs. 1.36 Lakh (ex-showroom) pricing of the Xpulse 200 4V – totalling Rs. 1.82 Lakh (ex-showroom) with the Rally Kit equipped.